The American Alpine Club inviterer til fest og møte i Yosemite høsten 2019
For de som har lyst eller har allerede tenkt til å dra til Yosemite i høst, inviterer the American Alpine Club til et internasjonalt møte. Det vil være forskjellige workshops og ikke minst mulighet for klatring.
American Alpine Club is now taking applications for the 2019 International Climbers’ Meet to be held in Yosemite Valley
The American Alpine Club is hosting its 12th annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM), to be held the week of Oct 13th – Oct 19th, 2019 in Yosemite Valley. We will have three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and, per usual, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Applicants should have intermediate or advanced level experience with:
- Placement and removal of protection
- Multi-pitch rope management
- At least two years of technical rock climbing
- The ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite
Discounted fee for International participants:
Early Bird fee until July 31 is $495 USD per person.**
Beginning Aug 1, the fee will be $545 **
USA and Canadian participants
Early Bird fee until July 31 is $545 USD per person.**
Beginning Aug 1, the fee will be $595 **
Your fee includes:
- Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
- Three gourmet catered meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
- Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- Three optional instructional days hosted by AMGA certified guides and instructors
- Pre-dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
- One day of stewardship for Yosemite National Park
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to all participants for coordinating ride sharing.
International applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by May 31st
USA and Canadian applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by June 17th
**Application Acceptance Policy: Once your application is accepted you will be charged a $50 non refundable fee to hold your place in the event. This $50 will go towards your total fee.
**Full amount of fee is due August 31 If you have not submitted your fee by this date you may be dropped from the roster.
**Cancelation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until Sept 4th. No fee refund after Sept 4th
If the event is not full after the above dates:
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT
on a first come first serve basis, but SPACE is LIMITED.
To obtain an application go to https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Submit attached application electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
For more information go to: https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet